May 29, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Proposal

{To read the other Wedding Wednesday posts (1 & 2) click here.}

1. how it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together.....etc.
2. when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?
3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.
4. the ring: tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!
5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!
6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used
7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?
8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?
9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?
10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!
11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!
12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.
13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good? ;) haha...jk.
14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?
15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!
16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?
17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.

First off, let  me just say that I am a tough one to surprise because I tend to find out/figure out things quite quickly… but not this time… The night Jason proposed was one of the best nights of my life, mostly because I wasn't expecting it, AT ALL.

Jason and I had often discussed the topic of marriage before. Basically it was pretty set in my mind that he didn't believe or like marriage. He knew where I stood on the issue- I wanted to be married, I wanted a wedding.  We respected each others’ opinions and desires. In my head, I was thinking “Ok, if he actually DOES propose, it won’t be until AFTER I graduate college, and if not then- then he probably won’t do it for YEARS after that” (I was still in university at this time).
We were at a New Years’ eve party with a few of our close friends. Jason had just recently come back from Palau. Everyone was in good spirits, having a good time. Jason was on the guitar, his friend was on the cajon, another friend on shaker-- just a typical scene whenever we’re together. The only other person who knew what was about to happen was one other friend- everyone else was clueless.

Jason started singing this Jason Mraz song. I was just sitting on the couch, zoning out… when all of a sudden, Jason was in front of me down on one knee with a little white box with a pretty little ring in it… I was tripping out- to say the least. I couldn’t believe it… I just kept saying “Shut up-- this is a joke….” After  a few minutes- it clicked and I realized that this was indeed real… and I just started crying like a little girl. I was just filled with so many emotions. Mostly though, I was the happiest girl in the world.


It was one of the most awesome nights of my life. After the proposal, midnight struck, a friend sprayed champagne everywhere, and the celebration continued.

What a way to spend our 5-year anniversary. =)

J putting a ring on it... me crying like a baby.


Being silly.
The boys' celebratory shot.

My bestie & I.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...