November 27, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had some left over pumpkin puree from my pumpkin pie I made for Thanksgiving, so I decided to make one of my all-time favorite cookies- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip.

I've come across quite a few recipes that were a bit complicated and required so many ingredients. This recipe is simple and delicious- and it's my favorite.




Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
{Printable Recipe}

Makes 2 dozen cookies
 
Ingredients
  • 1 Cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 Cup white sugar
  • 1/2 Cup vegetable oil (I used coconut oil and it tasted fine)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. milk
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips because it's what I had on hand-- still came out delicious!)
 Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C).
  2. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
  4. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
  5. Add vanilla and the chocolate chips.
  6. Drop by spoonful on greased (or parchment-lined) cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
  7. Cool for a couple of minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to wire cooling rack.



The cookies come out moist and soft. And you can't go wrong with that pumpkin + chocolate combo. Be warned-- they're addicting!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...