March 09, 2013

Me From A to Z

I saw this idea at Love. Laughter. Happily Ever After. and I wanted to do it, too. I've been trying to get more into blogging and the blogging community and I've had some new followers, so I thought this would be a way for my readers to get to know me a little bit more.

A: Available or Married?
Married. Since 08-27-11.

B: Book?
One of my favorites would have to be "100 Years of Solitude" by Gabriel García Márquez. Currently I'm reading "Tropic of Cancer" by Henry Miller.

C: Cake or Pie?
Hm, that's tough because it depends what kind. I love Kahlua Cream pie and pumpkin pie. I love a good cake, too. But I guess if I had to just choose one, it'd be cake. Ice cream cake... mmmmmmm......

D: Drink of Choice?
Thai iced tea.

E: Essential Item?
My contacts and/or glasses. I am blind as a bat without those!

F: Favorite Color?
Purple! Can't you tell by this blog?? =)

G: Game to Play or Watch?
To play! Especially if it's volleyball, softball, American football (yes, I love playing football!), or even board games. I can get a little competitive.

H: Hometown?
Oxnard, California! Love it & miss it dearly. I know no one's ever heard of Oxnard, so when people ask me where I'm from, I either say "an hour north of L.A." or "between Santa Barbara and L.A." or just "Ventura County."

I: Indulgence?
Traveling!

J: Job Title?
Well right now, I'm technically jobless. I guess you can say I've been on holiday-- for the last 8 months, lol. But I am a qualified ESL teacher (English as a Second Language) and I'm also a Registered Dental Assistant. What a combo, right?

K: Kids and Names?
Nope, not yet.

L: Life is Incomplete Without?
<-----This dude.

M: Music?
I like a lot of different types, from {good} hiphop, r&b, rock, indie, reggae to even some Spanish rock. Some of my favorites include Erykah Badu, Incubus, Big Boi, Feist, J. Cole, Julieta Venegas, Mayer Hawthorne, Chiddy Bang, Phoenix, Wale.... oh boy, I could go on and on and on....

N: Number of Siblings? 
One brother-- who I miss a lot!

O: Oranges or Apples?
Apples.

P: Phobias/Fears?
No serious ones.

Q: Quote?
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

R: Reason To Smile?
Life-- all the people, experiences & opportunities I've been blessed with.

S: Season?
Winter! I love the feeling of the whole Christmas holiday feeling (plus, my birthday is close to Christmas, too!). And I enjoy winter because in Southern California we don't get any harsh weather like snow! Totally spoiled.

T: Tattoos?
Nope.

U: Unknown Fact About Me?
I boycott going to any circus years ago because of how the majority of them treat their animals.

V: Vegetable You Love?
Love?? That's kind of a strong word. I'm not much of a veggie person. But I do like cucumber. And corn.

W: Worst Habits?
Wasting too much time online.

X: X-Rays?
Only at the dentist!

Y: Yummy Food?
Oh goodness- just like with music, I could go on and on! My top 3 favorite cuisines are Thai, Filipino & Mexican (and then within those, I have a million favorite dishes I love-- but I'll spare you guys the time!). And can't forget sushi & my momma's cooking! Oh, and if you haven't tried Filipino food-- DO IT.

Z: Zoo Favorites?
Elephants.

Hope you enjoyed reading a little bit about me. This is just a small snippet. I'm sure there will be more to come for you guys to get to know me better!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments :

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog; I'm now following you back :) I think we may be blog sisters ;)
    http://wanderlust-wishlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leia...wow I love your blog, I can tell in just a few of your posts I've read..but this one is absolutely fascinating...because we have so many things in common is freaky!!!lol...are you from the Philippines? My paternal grandparents were from there...I totally love purple (as you can also see on my blog, lol) and I've been known for picketing outside circuses!!! Neither of my 2 kids have ever been to one or never will be if it's in my hands to stop them from doing it, lol I also have a 1 brother who I miss deeply...anywhoooo as you can see, there are a lot of good reasons to follow you back! Thank You so much and looking forward to more of your adventures! Lizy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow- that is pretty awesome we have so much in common, a little bit freaky- but mostly cool! lol.

      My mom is actually from the Philippines. So glad I came across your blog! It's good to know there are fellow bloggers out there who have things in common with me. Looking forward to getting to know you more! =)

      Delete
    2. Awesome...and I agree with the freaky part..LOL Have a blessed week!

      Delete
  3. What a cute way to do a getting to know you blog post! Thanks for linking up to Talkin’ About Thursday link party. I hope you will come back this week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! & yes-- I'll be there this week, too! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...