May 08, 2013

Being Back in the States....

It's been about 3 weeks since my husband and I have been back in California. Since we've been back, we've mostly been catching up and spending time with family and friends.

My mom's sign she made when we got home.
Me & the bestie at dinner.

Me & my brother during a break on our hike

Sushi lunch date with my parents. They're too cute.

It doesn't feel weird being back, but there are times when I miss the Philippines (especially when it gets cold here!). I think keeping in touch with family and friends through social media/e-mail really helps transitioning back to the States easier because it helps you keep in touch and updated with everyone. Even though we were gone for 14 months, it felt like we didn't skip a beat right when we got back to California. We basically knew what everyone was up to because of Facebook, Instagram, etc.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is job hunting. I've been on an extra long vacation since last July, it's definitely going to be hard to get back in the swing of things.

I am still working on my Malaysia post. I will get that up soon. In the meantime, you can check out this video my husband and I made of the food there: The Hungry Backpacker: The Best Food in Kuala Lumpur.

It's been great spending time with everyone here in California, but we are planning on moving at the end of the month. And it's pretty exciting.
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...