August 30, 2013

Anniversary Celebrations

As some of you already know, J and I celebrated our 2-year wedding anniversary on Tuesday.

We celebrated our anniversary over a few days. Because that's how I like to do things. Here's what we did:

Last Friday, J picked me up from work and we went to Centennial Park in west Nashville. Over the summer, they have the Nashville Shakespeare Festival every weekend and we watched a live performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream." People brought their picnic blankets, chairs and there were even benches and chairs provided. It was really great and we really enjoyed the play.




Then on Saturday, we decided to get out and enjoy some mother nature. We headed to Randor Lake, a great place for hiking just about 20 minutes from downtown Nashville. There are different trails you can do that are are either easy or difficult. The trails are well marked and well maintained. And the trails, for the most part, are shaded. It was beautiful and I know we'll be going back again soon.






Then in the evening we decided to go out on the town. No pictures of that, because we all know how crappy bar pictures can be.

On Sunday, we went to Dave & Buster's, letting our inner children out. It was fun-- I mostly enjoy the basketball shooting game, skeeball, and the one where you have to try and stop the light at the 'grand prize'. J likes the trivia one (if he has others to play against) and the one where you put in tokens to try and scoot other tokens off the edge. We did pretty well- we almost had 1,000 tickets. We turned them in for a freezer mug and candy.




Then on the night of our actual anniversary (Tuesday), we went out to dinner to a sushi place called Samurai that's close to my work. If J gives me the task of finding a place to eat, it's 97% of the time either sushi or Thai food. Samurai had high ratings, so we decided to check it out-- and it was good! We got a big plate with different sushi and rolls and seaweed salad. In all honesty, I could have killed that whole big plate by myself-- my sushi obsession is no joke! It was a delicious meal and we were completely satisfied afterwards.






It was a great anniversary and I am so lucky to have this man as my life partner and best friend. I could not ask for more.

Thank you all for the love, including my readers for the sweet comments,. So thoughtful and they're really appreciated. xo
post signature

4 comments :

  1. happy anniversary two of you ^-^ both look greats ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated anniversary!! I totally think that anniversaries deserve a several day celebration, too! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...