December 30, 2013

Winter Vacay part 3: Christmas 2013

I got back to Nashville from California at 5am on Christmas morning. I wanted to be back for Christmas so that J and I could spend the holiday together. I came home to a really clean house and this box, beautifully wrapped by J:


I wasn't expecting anything because we had talked about how we weren't going to get each other gifts. But he said that this was going to be useful for both of us:


A slow cooker! I've been wanting one of these bad boys for a long, long time! I am so excited to use it (we already used it once to make stock from the ham we had!). I did cheat a little and bought J a couple of shirts for Christmas. Because really, I had a feeling he was going to get me something anyways =)

We made a nice little Christmas lunch/dinner of  spiral-cut ham, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, butternut squash bisque, and apple pie. We watched a few shows then headed out to the movie theater to watch 47 Ronin in 3D (good movie, bytheway). After the movies we went to Dave & Buster's. We won the jackpots on a couple of games and ended up getting about 2,700 tickets! We used most of those to get a food chopper and magnets (which I needed for our fridge!) and we still have over 300 tickets. Our favorite games are Wheel of Fortune, Deal or No Deal, the game where the light goes around and around and you have to stop the light on the jackpot, and the game where you drop coins in and they get pushed and you have to try to push other coins over the edge (I should really learn the name of those games, lol).



We had a nice, relaxing, and fun Christmas. Hopefully next year we can spend it with our family!

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and that you're enjoying these last few moments of 2013!


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...