February 03, 2014

Question of the Day: Strangest Compliment?

http://latitudeadjustment1.blogspot.com/search/label/Question%20of%20the%20Day
 
What's the strangest compliment you've received? 

Shortly after graduating high school, I got a job at a Panda Express. I had a co-worker who was about my age. From the moment I met him, I knew there was something a little... different about him. He acted a little weird. Said off-the-wall stuff. And I would always see him looking staring at me from the corner of my eye. It made me feel a little uncomfortable, but I would ignore it.

One day, the staring was going on a little too hardcore. I was finally fed up, so I went up to him and asked if he was ok and if he had a problem. He said: "Will you get mad or offended if I tell you something?" "Uh... no. I guess..." I said, slightly confused and scared. "Well, I just want to tell you that you have the prettiest ears I have ever seen."

What. The. Hell. Right??!! And to be honest, he was probably dead serious. He didn't crack a smile or a giggle or anything.

So that was definitely the strangest compliment I've ever received. I'm sure I've received other strange ones, but that is the one that will forever stick in my mind as the winner of the strangest/weirdest/creepiest. I mean, I think I have average-looking ears. Apparently, the dude thought highly of them. 

I quit that job shortly after that occurence.

So how about you? What's the strangest compliment you've received??
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...